Thursday, October 30, 2008

one-woman candy factory

This Halloween I decided to shake things up a bit from last year's typical store-bought goody bags for the trick-or-treaters. Without being fully aware of what came over me, I found myself making an entire batch of polvoron---no-bake sweets made of toasted flour, powdered milk, sugar (the enemy!) and butter, plus, rice flakes or nuts.

I slaved away all morning while CC was taking her nth cat nap for the day. She's 10 now (56 in human years) and can't help it so I didn't mind. I ended up making about 10 dozen candies, all gone by the time the last of the ghouls and witches had left.

Ready to call it a day, I was beginning to think CC didn't care about this one-woman candy factory. Just then, she gave me a little "treat"---the ultimate in feline expressions of love (or possession?)---a pin dance (kittenly kneading) on my belly!

In retrospect, I probably just smelled like milk...



No comments: