Tuesday, January 20, 2009

hey, you! there's a worm in my salad

Like many of you, I have always been a bonafide fan of pre-washed mixed greens. They make eating healthy quick and easy as pie. Toss in some tofu, a little bit of cottage cheese, and a drizzle of olive oil and you're good to go.

My loyalty to the triple-washed, pesticide- and preservative-free, never-packed-by-hand, manna from the vacuum cooler may have taken a turn for the worse the day I discovered a lifeless, big, fat (potentially juicy) worm in my salad. You must know that by this time, I had already had a few mouthfuls of my meal before being horror-stricken by the "uncovering" (It was buried under a lettuce leaf). That encounter sent me retching and doubting whether I could ever eat leafy green vegetables in peace again.


Sigh! What's a gal like me to do? I can't sustain this avoidance forever. But one thing's for sure---having worms in salads is just way too organic for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't panic, it's organic! =)